Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Rush Limbaugh is a douche bag

I know that this point has been commented on elsewhere, and much more eloquently, but I have to put my 2 cents in here.

I read from Raw Story that Rush said Cho (of VT killing-fields infamy) was a liberal and that this had caused him to commit the acts he is now infamous for (namely, killing innocent students).

Reading that I nearly gagged. I'm not into the whole Liberal/Conservative debate, as I feel it's much too simplistic, and frankly, a little cheap. But for Rush Limbaugh to come on the air and say that liberal politics are what inspired a clearly insane man to go on a shooting spree is just stupid. Any sane person should hear that statement or read it (like I did) and presumably balk. Rush, the Oxycontin has rotted your brain, my fat friend.

The rush quote is below, and the link to a full screen cap from his page is here.

"If this Virginia Tech shooter had an ideology, what do you think it was? " Limbaugh queried. "This guy had to be a liberal. You start railing against the rich and all this other -- this guy's a liberal. He was turned into a liberal somewhere along the line. So it's a liberal that committed this act."