Wednesday, January 24, 2007

You Know You're A Shitty Secretary When ...

You ask me questions I answered for you at the beginning of our conversation. What do I mean by this? Simple: when I call I have a pretty direct and easy to understand order of introduction. It goes like this:

"Hi, this is Wes Temby, I was calling for XXXXX."

Easy enough, yeah? Apparently not, because I swear to g*d I get this in response seven times out of ten:

"Um ... I'm sorry, what was your name again?"

Oh man, I cannot tell you how much that frustrates me. I mean, c'mon! I TOLD you when you picked up the damn phone what my name was. Your whole g*ddamn job is to answer the phones -- were you not listening when you picked it up? What were you doing? Expecting me to telepathically connect in the first few seconds? Is that typically how it works with your office?

Damnit, Janet! I can only hope for the love of all that is holy that this is only how you are on the job, and not in your regualr life. But, wouldn't it be funny if she routinely didn't listen to the first 2 seconds of every conversation she was in? Oh wait, my Grandmother does that and its absolutely frustrating. Just as frustrating as this scenario, but without the money involved.