Thursday, February 01, 2007

Weak People

Without a doubt, one of the funniest situations I deal with daily are people that I call whom don't have a secretary that answer the phone and then act as if they are not themselves.

The conversation typically goes like this:

Me: "Hi, this is Wes Temby, is ________ available?"

Them: "Um ... who is this?"

At this point its a given that either a) the secretary is a dumb ass or b) the guy is trying to screen his own calls.

Me: "This is Wes, is _______ available?"

By now I've taken a little bit of a tone so that if they are a secretary they'll know I mean business and they'll put me through.

Them: "Um ... what are you calling about?"

It's so damn transparent. I know you're not the secretary, man.

Me: "Hi _______, this is Wes calling from the XXXXXX Corporation, how are you today?"

Them: "Um ... he's not here ..." {hang up}

I lose a lot of respect for these fools. If you don't wanna talk, fine. Just say so up front. Don't act all cowardly and hide from me over the phone. How old are you, 12? Seriously. Even 12 year olds are more ballsy than there pussies, they at least come out and identify themselves. Eff you, pussy man, eff you and your lack of dignity.